College Opportunities & Scholarships for Latinos
In the recently provided data by PEW Research Centers in the United States, the enrollment of Hispanic or Latinos student is increased from 4% to 15%. The reason behind this improvement is an allocation of Latino scholarships, which is encouraging this group of minority in countries like the USA, Canada, Japan and the UK to pursue and continue with their academic career. These grants are an exclusive way to appreciate merit and potential in an unbiased manner. So start following your dreams with a strong educational base.
What Are Latino Scholarships
There are many programs organized by the government, universities or private firms, which provide grants to those Latinos who cannot afford the expensive education fees and hence, stop getting a proper education. Every student who has academic aspiration should get a chance to prove their potential and these grants help in doing that.
Some Latino Scholarships Are:
- Hispanic College Fund
- League of United Latin American Citizens
- Diversity Scholarship
- AICPA Fellowship for Minority Doctoral Students
These are some of the renowned Latino scholarships, which will help a Hispanic and Latinos student to have a desired career with proper educational qualification.
The General Criteria for Applying for Latino Scholarships
When applying for a scholarship, there are some eligibility criteria that have to be maintained to get the grant. Some of the major eligibility criteria are:
- The student has to be a Latinos.
- You should have passed the last qualifying examination. For example, if you are applying for a graduate scholarship, you should have an undergraduate degree.
- Students should be well aware of what is written in the application form and fill it up accordingly.
- You should have consistent good grades in all your academic results.
- There should not be any record of any unethical doing on your academic career.
- All the documents that will be provided should be true and original.
- There should not be any manipulation done to get the scholarship.
- Knowing basic English is very important.
- After getting short-listed, the student should be able to clear the interview round.
How to Get Scholarships for Latinos and Avoid Scams
After all these above-mentioned criteria are fulfilled, you will be good to go! But there are certain things that you need to start doing beforehand which to a certain level guarantee your eligibility and will help you to get the scholarships:
- Start preparing beforehand by putting effort into your studies and fetch good grades.
- Involve yourself in extra curriculum activities which will help you build a stronger CV for scholarship.
- Learn to speak well and develop a positive personality that will help you in cracking the interview.
- Maintain good terms with your teachers and professors, as they will be the ones approving your credentials and recommending you for the grant.
Tips to Avoid Scams:
There are certain tips that will help you stay away from scholarship scams:
- Always apply for a grant from authentic institutions like private, government or university grants.
- Go for a thorough online research.
- Talk about it to your school or university educational counselor.
- Meet them personally along with a guardian and then confirm the scholarship.
With these small tips, tricks, ideas and guides, it’s time you start concentrating on your academics and apply for the scholarships for Latinos. For more information regarding the same, check the list given below with all the details.
|Scholarship Name||Scholarship Value||Deadline|
|Need Based Scholarship Program||$10,000||August 31|
|AAHHE and ETS Outstanding Dissertations Competition (ODC)||$5,000||08/14/2017|
|Minority Fellows Program||$4,000||10/24/2017|
|Couponbirds "Help to Save" Scholarship||$500||10/21/2017|
|APSA Minority Fellows Program||Unspecified||October 24.|
|American Educational Research Association (AERA) - Minority Dissertation Writing Fellowship in Education Research||One-year stipend of up to $19,000. Stipends canbe used for tuition and/or institution fees, books, living expenses, equipment, travel, supplies, software, and other expenses that are directly related to conducting the resear||Anticipated 11/2017 ( Previous deadline 11/1/2016 )|
|2016 William J. Schulz High School Essay||$9,950 The||unspecified|
|Test Prep Review||$500 each||unspecified|